*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076643-In-which-I-say-much-less-than-I-want-to-but-restrain-myself
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#1076643 added September 12, 2024 at 7:24am
Restrictions: None
In which I say much less than I want to but restrain myself
I really like WDC as a site for writers and their writing. I really don’t like it as a political forum. That is not to say that I never wrote anything with political undertones or even overtones - probably way overtoned but completely missed by those who are of a different political opinion because even my overtones are really subtle and they can’t imagine anyone thinks THAT way and not THEIR way.

And that’s all I have to say. I might occasionally write something that references generally accepted themes of freedom and human dignity, but I'm not going to fight with you. For one thing, I don’t know you well enough to worry about convincing you of anything and you don’t hold enough sway with me to convince me of anything. Discussion of issues is important but there’s not much of that going on, or at least, not much of any real substance. There are really excellent forums for that kind of thing. But I like WDC as a forum for writers. So, write something.

Just my opinion.

© Copyright 2024 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076643-In-which-I-say-much-less-than-I-want-to-but-restrain-myself