*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076271-Dragons
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1076271 added September 4, 2024 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Dragons
Prompt
Photo Prompt 3

Day 4 of Birthday Blogging for "Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024

This entry will probably be a bit more on the random end as there are a lot of thoughts that run through my mind that this image inspires. One note about the prompt for this, there was a choice of 4 options but I couldn't resist choosing the dragon image. This one seems a little different from the dragons I am typically used to. It has a little bit more of a cute look to it. The nose reminds me a little bit of a lion. It reminds me a little bit of Falkor the dragon in the Neverending Story. With the green color it gives off the feel of a cross between Falkor and a classic dragon.

Dragons are becoming popular on WDC currently with the activity Dragon Vale. I have been participating in it regularly raising two baby dragons into adults. I have a Fire and Rainbow dragon currently. My fire dragon is named Blaze while the Rainbow dragon is named Prism. I actually wrote a short freeverse poem for Prism and a rap battle response for Blaze.

As a fantasy fan, I actually really like Dragons a lot. I have read a lot of stories about them from one notable appearance in the hobbit, their roles as destroyers in a Song of Ice and Fire, their focus in the Inheritance cycle and lighter stories such as My Father's Dragon. There is also one that is used for comical effect in the Musical series. He looks like a lizard but only at the end of the series he is revealed to be an actual dragon. Dragons come in a variety of with only some having the ability to speak. They all tend to be portrayed as creatures worthy of admiration being either extremely wise and powerful and often possessing both those traits. Regardless of the variety, they are always fun to read about. I always imagined flying on the back of one of them. They are great mystical creatures.

Word Count 338 Words.




© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076271-Dragons