*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076204
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2319583
An experimental collection of exactly 100 words (mostly)
#1076204 added September 12, 2024 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Vinny
Vinny scowled and banged on Tony's door again. No answer.

"Where is that good-for-nothing? Today's my birthday and he ain't even home."

He pulled out his phone, checking if Biggs responded to his text. Nope. Idiots. I need a guy bumped off and everyone's AWOL. What, they throwing me a party? Ha.

Next, Vinny went to the lounge where Lenny usually hung out with other ruffians. But none of the usual thugs were there.

"Hey, you!" Vinny waved down the bartender. "Where's Lenny and the boys?"

"They said they had a special project today." The other man smirked. "Might have to do with Boss Man's birthday."

"Oh yeah? It better be good, that's all I'm saying. I don't give guys a day off for their own birthday, let alone mine!"

By the end of the day, Vinny was fuming mad. As he made his way home all he could think of was how to get back at them for playing hooky.

He stomped up to his front door.

"Surprise!"

The yell nearly knocked him over. Lenny, Biggs and Tony stood in Vinny's living room. Instead of party hats, they were wearing submachine guns.

"What kind of joke is this?" Vinny rasped.

"Hands up, Boss. It ain't a joke." Tony raised his weapon. "We've agreed you don't deserve to see another birthday."

"You gutter rats!"

A round of gunfire. It was all over.

"Happy birthday, Vinny." Tony chuckled. "You ain't missed."

Word Count: 240.



Merit Badge in Deadly Betrayal
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for trick or treating in my port and helping to find all those pesky witches! Happy Halloweeeeeeen!
From Treasure Designs Shop
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🍂🧡 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🍂🧡 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076204