*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076079-92-Blogging-Prompt-LifeDeath-WC---300
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1076079 added September 2, 2024 at 7:18am
Restrictions: None
9/2 Blogging Prompt Life/Death W/C - 300
I've touched on this subject on and off again. The diagnosis was a double kidney infection due to kidney stones on both kidneys that lead to sepsis infection. This was just after the 4th of July holiday back in 2022. I wasn't feeling good, but had no "kidney stone dance" as I would have, and just became lethargic and then threw up. I wanted to go back to bed, but it scared the kids enough that they called an ambulance.

From what I was told later - my blood pressure plummeted, and once they got to the hospital, my son was called and was asked if he wanted to just make me comfortable (to die) or did he want to save my life?
He chose to save my life, which meant I had a double kidney surgery and nephrostomy tubes placed with both of my kidneys.

I wasn't lucid for most of that week. I also found out that I was allergic to Dilaudid (hydromorphone) which caused me to be violent, and trying to rip out the surgeons had placed in me. I also hallucinated and saw people from my past.

After all of that, I was able to go home 5 days later - a much reduced and weakened state. I used a walker and had home physical therapy for a month. I haven't been back to work, and my other health issues have come to the front, i.e. diabetes and congestive heart failure. I'm on a handful of pills twice a day, and shots.

There were days that I wished my son would have just let me "go", but those days are fewer and further between. I credit Writing.Com for some of my recovery - mentally, anyway. I am grateful that my son chose life for me. That is my life/death story, and it has caused me to think about things more seriously.


W/C - 300

signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2024 AmyJo- Have a lovely day! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- Have a lovely day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076079-92-Blogging-Prompt-LifeDeath-WC---300