*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076070-Exercise-Two---Local-Geography
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Educational · #2326143
For my Nano Prep
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076070 added September 4, 2024 at 1:48am
Restrictions: None
Exercise Two - Local Geography
Exercise 2 : Local Geography

Outline the physical environment and how it might influence the people who live in the region.

This should include

*AsteriskB* Climate and weather, including seasons.

         1. The climate on Mercle Isaland is closely related to that of San Francisco due to its location.
         2. January is its coldest month with an average overnight temperature of 46.5 degrees F. The wettest month is on average December.
         3. Temperature: The last week in December is among the chilliest of the year. These days have daily highs averaging 57 degrees F. and the minimum averages 46F. Mercle Island warms up to 50 F. on most December days.
         4. Rainey Season: Located in a Mediterranean climate, the rainy season usually lasts from November to March. Rainfall is unlikely from April through October with the warmest months usually September and October. The rainy period of the year lasts 7.4 months - Oct. - May, February being the wettest month.
         Thunderstorms can occur all year, but are most likely to occur in the spring and summer months and the dry months are usually May-Oct
         The weather on Mercle Island is a blend of chilliness, and blustery winds, resulting from its unique geography and proximity to the ocean. Despite its unpredictable nature, the weather adds a distinct charm to the island, making it an enchanting destination for both locals and visitors.
         5. Recap:
Rainy season: October - May
Rain unlikely: April - October
Warmest months: September - October
Winter season: December - February
          The mild yet, unpredictable weather allows for fishing, water sports ie boating, wind gliding, surfing, and all outdoor festivities to be enjoyed all year.


*AsteriskB* The topography (the natural and artificial physical features of an area). e.g. forests, water sources, soil and stone types, etc.

          When Marcus Banks took ownership of the island it was covered with an array of Coconut trees, pineapple fields, and Cook Pine Trees. The Pine trees were an important natural element needed to bring fresh water to the mostly dry island. There were, however, no rivers. There is one man-made lake, Maulakai Lake. All this is in addition to the three vineyards and the Bank Estate.
The forest of Cook Pine trees covers 640 square acres. They recharge to groundwater and produce more water than the island needs. This special forest is quite popular with the tourists. The soil is a rich, well-drained fertile loam. It is perfect for growing grapes.

*AsteriskB* What's on the borders of you 'world'? Is it a city that gives way to rural land? A country bordering on another? A school district?

*AsteriskB* Are there any key landmarks within the region that might develop significance? Like a hill with a fort, or a lighthouse on the coast, or a sprawling cave system?

*AsteriskB* What restrictions does the area put on the people living there? What advantages does it offer that would have enticed people to settle there originally?

© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076070-Exercise-Two---Local-Geography