*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076057-WDC-Birthday-Blog
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1076057 added September 2, 2024 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
WDC Birthday Blog
This is just a brief entry for tonight following the Birthday prompt for "Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024

Prompt Day 1: Prompt 1. Sept 1.
"It's the site's 24th Anniversary. Tell us about your love or fondness of Writing.com. What makes this a wonderful place for writers? Why are you (still) here?"

It is hard to believe that I have been on the site for over 17 years now. I joined Writing.com back in November 2007. For me the site is purely extracurricular. I tend to only write for fun though surprisingly my writing has developed a lot from being part of this community. I originally was drawn in for the Interactive story feature which allows authors to create multiple choice adventure stories. They also have a feature that allows other authors to continue the story. I originally started as a reader but couldn't resist participating in the adventure stories adding my own chapters and choices to my favorite interactive stories. For awhile I only contributed to the interactives here but some of the writing prompts and activities were too tempting not to try. I am a gamer at heart and I love activities like writing challenges. When the challenges offer cool prizes like merit badges for participation, I was not able to resist taking part in them.

Writing.com also introduced a Trinket feature a few years back that I really enjoy a lot. They are collectible icons that writers can add to their activities and stories. I have really enjoyed scavenging the site to try to find them. I have also created a few of my own to share with the community as well.

The other thing that I really love about Writing.com is the people on the site. The people I have interacted with on the site have been really nice and kind and I have made a lot of friends here. This site is a really great place with a welcoming community that allows authors to develop and grow. I have really enjoyed being a part of it.

Happy 24th Birthday WDC *Party* ... here's to many mores years of successful writing!

Word Count 356


© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076057-WDC-Birthday-Blog