*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076035-Exercise-One---Outlining
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Educational · #2326143
For my Nano Prep
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076035 added September 2, 2024 at 4:39am
Restrictions: None
Exercise One - Outlining
Exercise One: Outlining:


Exercise 1: Outlining

Write out the headline notes and inspirations for your setting.

You don't need to get into details yet, but note any specific ideas you already have.

This should include:

*AsteriskR*Your inspirations.

         1. An old three-story house (Seagate) on a Cliff (Khikoi Point) overlooking the Pacific Ocean
         2. The house contains a secret Blue Room and the cliff has a hidden cove.
         3. The island (Mercle Island) is 30 miles north-north-west of San Francisco. It is eighteen miles wide and 140.5 sq. miles.
         4. The island contains four well-developed vineyards that yield juicy purple and white grapes, a winery, The Château de Talon, Twenty Thoroughbred horses, and a hidden cove, Sarti Cove.
         5. Sarti Cove is the meeting place for the smuggling of booze, money, drugs, women, and jewels in and out of the country.
         6. The island was won in a poker game in Australia by the great-grandfather.
         7. These shipments were moved by French Clipper ships.
          8. The focus is The 41-carat Charelle Diamond worth over 41 million dollars.
         9. The Charelle was stolen in 2028 from the Dresden Vault in Dresden Castle. It was never seen again and has just resurfaced.

*AsteriskR* An idea of naming conventions.

         1. People are given the usual First, Middle, or Middle Initial and last name.
          Marcus Banks was a seafarer who was taken with Hawaii and renamed parts of his island with Hawaiian names.

*AsteriskR* An idea of gender roles.

         1. Marcus Banks was old-fashioned in the sense of men being superior. He raised his family in that order and in turn, they raised their families in that frame of mind. The great-grandson was breaking the tradition
of that mindset.
         2. The females are, for the most part, non-subservient.
         3. Charlie T. is one of my PIs and my antagonist.

*AsteriskR* An idea of era or technology level.

         The story is to take place in our current time, with all the current technologies.

*AsteriskR* Any other significant factors you already have in mind.

         1. the history of the mansion is that the grandfather won it in a poker game in 1946 in Port Sydney, Australia. He was an American Seafarer. The property includes 3 vineyards, a winery, and twenty thoroughbred horses.
         2. The father, stole the diamond, along with four other men, one was captured, one was killed, and two escaped.
         3. The father and his daughter-in-law are presumed killed in a boating accident before the sale is completed.
         4. Not sure of Kelly's role yet.
         5. Michael is accused of murdering his wife and father.


There are no wrong answers. There are no ideal answers.
Just put a rough description of what you think you're going to do on the page.

© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076035-Exercise-One---Outlining