*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074274-Heat
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1074274 added July 22, 2024 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Heat

Holy cow it's hot - we are in the midst of a heat wave. As a great portion of the US. But for Montana, this is unusual. Usually, it'll hot for a day or two or three. But for a week or two, pretty unusual.

We don't have A/C in our home. It gets pretty cool at night, so we open the house, let it cool off and close all the windows during the day. The next two days are to be 100° with a cool-down coming after that. Mercy. I have my office and pretty much all my business on the second floor. And it does get pretty hot up here.

In the green, which my husband is tending this year, the potatoes are growing fine, as are the tomatoes. But the spinach bolted - went to seed - as spinach likes to do when it gets hot. The kale will probably do the same soon. There are melons or squash coming on. He's not sure which. So, I try not to boss around the manager of the garden. It will succeed or fail, it's up to him. I cannot do much still with my hand.

There is a big controversy, as expected, with the increase on everyone's taxes for the dump site. A lot of misinformation, the rumors and lies. Curious how some tales get told. I wrote a little blurb for the paper. Since I sit on the governing board as secretary/treasurer and can submit to the paper, I have a pretty good idea of what actually is going on.

Speaking of the paper, I had to insert two corrections this week. I didn't give credit to the proper non-profit for the 'Shakespeare in the Park' presentation a few weeks ago. And I gave bad information about the summer free lunch program for children. Oops. But, I will admit my mistakes.

So it's summer, it is supposed to be hot. Soon it will be winter here. I will enjoy the sun and warm while I can.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean CheerleaderSoon (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean CheerleaderSoon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074274-Heat