*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073548-Entering-the-Manor-7424
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Action/Adventure · #2305530
.....five people are offered $25,000 each to spend 4 days at a haunted manor
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1073548 added July 4, 2024 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
Entering the Manor 7/4/24
Entering the Manor



Tim, Angela and Carl dug out there cellphones and turned on their flashlights as they entered the manor.

Tim flipped the switch on the wall to no avail. "We should find the breaker box."

Jodi pulled a battery lantern out of her bag and set it on the mantel of fireplace. "Someone should build a fire."

There were two coolers and a few large boxes next to the fireplace. The contents were some snack foods and making for sandwiches, and bottled water and soda in the other cooler. The boxes contained sleeping bags, pillows and blankets. There was also some utensils that could be used to cook in the fireplace.

Doug had rolled up and was looking in the boxes. "Here we go, fireplace matches. Looks like someone supplied us with wood as well"

"Carl, why don't you and Jodi go searching upstairs. Angela and I will take the floor here and the basement. See what you can find as far as heat sources, food and how the water is running," said Tim.

Doug filled his lap with wood. "I'll see about getting a fire going here."

They split up and began searching. Carl lead Jodi up the broad front staircase.

"We should claim our rooms while we are up here," said Carl.

"You know, I may not look all that smart, but I can see why Tim didn't send you and Angela together."

"Oh, why is that?"

"You two would be doing more flirting than searching."

"So why wouldn't I flirt with you?"

Jodi looked at the floor. "I'm not in that league."
.....................................................................................................................

"We should check the basement for the breakers," said Tim.

"I'm not going in any creepy basement," said Angela.

"Fine, stay up here and search this floor."

"Why do we have to search anywhere in this place? We should be searching for a way out of here..."

"Don't need $25,000 dollars? Leave. I don't care. Why did you come in the first place?"

"I was curious. Besides it said this place was a grand manor, not some falling down scrap heap."

"Well I'm going down. Just don't go looking for Carl."

"Why would I do that?"

"I noticed how you two were eyeing each other."

"A girls got the right to look"

"Just go help Doug or something."

"That grumpy old cripple? I'd rather read one of his books."

"Whatever."

Angela rolled her eyes and headed back to the foyer.

Doug had a modest stack of wood in the fireplace and got some matches out of a box..

Doug struck a match. Wind blew it out and it was yanked out of Dougs fingers.

"Here let me do it," said Angela.

Angela reached for the matches but they flung to the other side off the room spewing across the floor.

"What did you do that for?" asked Angela.

"I didn't do it," said Doug.

"well what the hell?"

Angela tried, but every match she reached for rolled away from her.

Doug sat with his back to the fireplace and his hands in his lap. "I guess they are all going to blame this on me."

"Well you did throw the matches."

Doug rolled his eyes and groaned.

The fireplace roared to life catching the tail edge of Doug's jacket. Angela ran and pulled him away from the blaze, helping him out of the jacket and stomping it out on the floor.






© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073548-Entering-the-Manor-7424