*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073442-Only-Two-Ten-Today
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1073442 added July 1, 2024 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Only Two Ten Today
Only Two Ten Today


Something else I was going to write about in my blog entry for yesterday or was it the day before? I can’t remember. Whenever I wrote about the color-coding I was going to write about my capitalization. Not only with my character names when they are first introduced, but with the capitalization I use in my Outlines and scripts.

When a character is introduced, usually in the Teaser Act, I capitalize the name of that character. I also give them their ages. Some writers also give a brief description of these characters. But I don’t do that. I do it within the Outline or the script. Especially, within the scripts. After all, the Outlines are more limited than the scripts.

I have read a lot of scripts that don’t do this when they are first introduced or they do it throughout the script. That’s something I don’t do. It’s Industry Standard to do it when they are first introduced. But not throughout it. of course, it’s also Industry Standard to write a brief description too. but I don’t do that either.

I’m not sure about the throughout part. It may be okay to capitalize character names throughout a script. I don’t think it is. But it might be okay to do it. I’m also not sure about the brief description. I think I can do it throughout the script. But I may be wrong about that too. It wouldn’t be the first time that I was wrong about something.

Speaking of color-coding, I could still do that with my single-paragraph Outlines and the scripts. All I need to do is Select All and turn them to black before I turn them in for contests, Agents, Producers, etc. I could even do that for WDC. But I probably won’t. Most likely, I will turn them all black before I create them on WDC too.

I will have enough problems creating the scripts on WDC because of the Industry Standards formatting. Of course, I know I don’t need to do that on WDC. But I want it to be like the ones I send out to contests, Agents, Producers, etc. Unfortunately, it may take me days or weeks to create them on WDC. Hopefully, it won’t be weeks.

That’s enough of the ranting and raving. Now it’s time for some good news. At least I think it’s good news. I was hoping to get another two hundred and forty single sentences written today. After all, I did that yesterday. There’s no reason why I couldn’t do it today too. But I only had the time to do two hundred and ten today.

Today wasn’t too busy for my brother and me. It only took us about an hour to get what we needed to do today. But it was busy enough to stop me from getting the other thirty single sentences written today. After all, it takes me about forty-five minutes to one hour to write each Act of these Parts and Episodes.






© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073442-Only-Two-Ten-Today