*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073234
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2319583
An experimental collection of exactly 100 words (mostly)
#1073234 added June 27, 2024 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
The Flying Roses
Prompt: a drabble trilogy (trabble) - 3 drabbles related to one another, and yet each able to stand on their own. Word count: 300.


Drabble One

"What'll we name the band?" Jim twiddled his drumsticks. "We've got everything set up except a name!"

"Make it a good one," guitarist Paul observed quietly. "When we're famous and everyone's talking about us, we shouldn't have an embarrassing name like BareNaked Ladies."

"You'd better not name it that, or I'm leaving!" Lead singer Layla tossed her braids back and strode to the window.

A storm was brewing. High winds whipped at the rose bushes, tearing off blood red petals which flew uncannily through the air.

"That's it!" She spun around. "The Flying Roses!"

Their jaws dropped.

"Wow. It's perfect."

Drabble Two

"Mom, can me and my boyfriend go see The Flying Roses tonight?" Anna asked.

"No, I don't believe in rock music and I don't trust your boyfriend. That's a terrible way to waste your evening."

"But Mom, I finished all my homework!"

"You need your rest. I'm not letting you party like a fool."

Anna sat alone in her room, crying over a concert poster. Her boyfriend called.

"That's ridiculous, let's sneak out and see them anyway. You only live once."

She climbed out the window and into his waiting blue sports car.

It was a night she never forgot.

Drabble Three

A single poster announced: The Flying Roses Reunion! Final Performance! Don't Miss It!

Layla adjusted her graying braids, surveying the oversized auditorium.

"We have approximately fifty fans, after all these years."

"Most people forgot about us since our hiatus." Paul's guitar sounded sad as he tuned it.

"Can't blame them." Jim tapped a slow beat.

A man and woman approached the stage, holding hands.

"You were our first live concert," the man smiled. "Anna climbed out the window to see you. We've been together ever since."

"We couldn't miss you!" Anna enthused.

Knowing this, The Flying Roses played their best.


Merit Badge in Chocoholics Unite
[Click For More Info]

This merit badge is a gift from  [Link To User webwitch] , sent via my Chocolate Emporium.

I hope you like it!

Happy New Year!

Rachel *^*Heartv*^*
From Treasure Designs Shop
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🍂🧡 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🍂🧡 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073234