*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073017-Olympics-and-Activities
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1073017 added June 22, 2024 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
Olympics and Activities
Prompt: Olympic Trials are happening in Eugene Oregon for the Olympics in Paris. Are you going to watch the Olympics? If so do you have favorite sports?
Alternate prompt: July is almost upon us, do you have any activities planned or contests you want to participate in?


------

I doubt I'll watch the Olympics fully. I might take a peek now and then for the sake of seeing Paris once more, though. My husband (RIP) loved the Olympics, especially the races, because he was a long distance runner and had earned some minor awards. Olympics was on his horizon, but while in his early teens, the Olympic Games of 1944 was canceled due to World War II and after that, he lost the will to compete; however, he ran anyway, locally, with his buddies. Because of all that, I used to watch the Olympics with him.

I don't have any favorite sports. I used to watch basketball, Knicks specifically once upon a time, and soccer, again with my husband. During the time I was young enough to play tennis, I watched those competitions, also. Right now, I am into the sport of walking without falling or stumbling, *Wink* *Laugh* and there's no such game in the Olympics, except maybe for that weird fast-walking; therefore, that too, is out for me.

As to the second prompt, I so appreciate the activities and contests on our WdC site and I wholeheartedly applaud those who run them. Such activities and contests bring excitement to the site and encourage people to write more with the incentive of taking part in the activities and contests. Personally speaking, as to the contests, I never liked to run them, although at times, I did. This is only because I've never liked to choose any one piece over the others, since in each piece I read, I appreciated the work and toil of a writer.

For me, better than contests are the truthful, helpful, and heartfelt reviews by the WdC members who send those to one another. In such reviews, I see the reviewer's authenticity and good will, and that makes me feel very happy and proud that I got to be a part of a site with such serious and wonderful writers. Reviewing well, with or without a group, deserves a huge applause; however, without using the same cliche review in all one's reviews since each piece merits its own unique appreciation by the reader.




© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073017-Olympics-and-Activities