*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072881-Take-it-away-Loss-isnt-always-bad-Bards-Hall-Entry-5
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1072881 added June 19, 2024 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Take it away! Loss isn't always bad. Bard's Hall Entry #5
For
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
JUNE:Annual Blog Month!
#981150 by StephBee
and
StephBee and Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH

Take it away! Loss isn't always bad.

New Year's Eve 1999... very sick. Suspected my appendix but it was a weekend and a holiday.

I went to my doctor's on January 2nd or 3rd (Monday). I called friends to take me there.

Yep. Poke here, poke there. "Take him to the hospital."

It was a couple blocks away. They called ahead.

Poke ... ouch!

Yep. Appendix has to go!

They operated that afternoon. Surgeon was great. No problems.

I only had to stay 2 nights.

But... doctor told me the necrosis was at the base which wasn't good... but he got it all.

24 years appendix free!

Except for my writing.

I was off work for at least 6 weeks. My big boss didn't want me back until I was sure. He'd had peritonitis.

...

80's... car crash... I was the pickle in the middle. Friends found me wandering and took me to an all-night Greek restaurant. They thought I'd been assaulted (that was 2 years earler, same weekend, same corner) and took me to the hospital (same hospital all 3 times), found my wallet and called my uncle *Worry*; my cousin called my sister.

Stayed in hospital for about one week. Called the Mertz instead of the Metz (only one digit difference in phone number).

Oddly, before I had a fear of dying in a car crash... but not after. The fear went *poof* along with short-term memories.

My car was totalled and I was 'out of it' longer than I realised. Lost a year of memory... before and after. I only remember my sister visiting, "What day is it" and, "Romper Room"...

... and "Never Gonna Give You Up", Rick Astley.

Somethings you hold onto! But not your appendix nor your fear.



~290 words
983

© Copyright 2024 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072881-Take-it-away-Loss-isnt-always-bad-Bards-Hall-Entry-5