*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072830-People-just-dont-want-to-fall-in-love-with-a-person
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1072830 added June 17, 2024 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
People just don’t want to fall in love with a person...
For
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
JUNE:Annual Blog Month!
#981150 by StephBee
and
StephBee and Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH

"People just don’t want to fall in love with a person they know they’ll outlive." It stings.

This is the story prompt for "Write From the Heart - Story Contest I should write something for the contest. Until then:

I do think this also applies to many relationships, including pets. It also echos how nomads/refugees/students feel about a place they must leave.

And the reverse... as one ages it's hard to fall for someone/something/someplace when you know you'll die soon.

So... yeah... it's one reason why I gave up fighting to maintain an intimate relationship with Pan. The age gap was too much. May to September is awkward, May to December a tad ridiculous. Still, it had it's good points. We both needed stability. I learned a lot; hopefully, he did too. We keep in touch; that door's not locked.

I also needed to learn to let go. I struggle with letting go.

In the past I could sing "You can't hurry love" I waited and waited...

And "love don't come easy"... been there too.

"It's a game of give and take" which is what Pan and I worked on. The language and cultural barriers didn't help.

Moving forward: "Love Knows Not Time" would be a good title for a new poem, story, collection.

I need to keep my options open until the lid of the coffin closes.

An old bluesy poem that's appropriate:

 The wages of dying is love  (13+)
A blues about the price of love (however defined or denied).
#1059129 by Kåre Enga in Montana


~230 words
978

© Copyright 2024 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072830-People-just-dont-want-to-fall-in-love-with-a-person