*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072640-Barefoot
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1072640 added June 14, 2024 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
Barefoot???
Let this quote inspire your writing today: "If you're not barefoot, then you're overdressed." –Unknown

=========

I guess the approach to life of this quote has to do with informal and often playful way of expressing a laid-back, relaxed, and minimalist way of being. In my case, as much as I value simplicity and comfort, I was never a minimalist and neither will I be. Plus, I don't like being barefoot except for swimming and in the shower.

I assume, whoever said it, meant--by barefoot--a natural way of being and attending more to comfort and casual dresses. Especially at my age, I do agree with that wholeheartedly. Then, even if I'm not a minimalist and think of people who advocate minimalism as fakes or misinformed ones, I don't like clutter either.

Clutter refers to items that are strewn about in a disorganized fashion. Things we now use and those we may have a use for in the future are not clutter. Remember the time during the onset of Covid, when we had a toilet tissue shortage in my area? Well, I ended up supplying friends and family from my stash, particularly those who beat their drums to minimalism.

Life can be more relaxed, authentic and aligned with our true needs and wishes, but without going barefoot and getting stubbed toes and being bit by the insects and snakes on our bare feet. This is true especially because we have armies of those creatures where I live.






© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072640-Barefoot