*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072366-Seasons
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2319583
An experimental collection of exactly 100 words (mostly)
#1072366 added June 11, 2024 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
Seasons
Prompt: An animal or plant must be central to the story. Word Count: 100.

The squirrel snatched an acorn off of the branch and scooted to the ground. It glanced furtively around, then buried the acorn in the lawn and vanished to seek out more.

As colorful autumn gave way to bleak winter, the squirrel forgot about this particular acorn, which lay sleeping a few inches below the frosty surface.

Approaching spring's warmth tickled the acorn with memories of life above ground. It split open and sent up a tiny cautious shoot, forcing its way against gravity and the thickness of solid dirt, until it poked past the surface, a barely discernible green tip.


Merit Badge in The Fire To Inspire
[Click For More Info]

 You are the  epitome  of everything Lyanna Mormont was: unrelenting, loyal, fierce, determined, and steadfast in the face of adversity. You've taken everything that's come your way during  [Link To Item #got]  and pushed through and still participated despite running your House essentially on your own. You should be  very  proud of yourself. I know I sure am! *^*Swords*^* *^*Dragonhead*^*
From Treasure Designs Shop
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒž (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒž has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072366-Seasons