*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
6
9
14
16
18
23
24
25
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072266-These-words-were-tricky-today
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1072266 added June 7, 2024 at 2:53am
Restrictions: None
These words were tricky today
FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman


Please use these random words : terminal. instruction, cancel, hook. systematic. fragment. and stereotype. Have fun!

When it comes to instructions, I’m pretty bad at following them. I’m a visual type of person and need to watch someone actually carry out the task before I understand. Have you ever read an instruction manual on how to do the simplest of crocheting? Instruction manuals manage to make the easiest task sound complex even to explaining how to hold the crochet hook! Maybe being left-handed has something to do with my ineptitude with manual tasks.
I don’t fit the usual stereotype of a left-handed person who use being crack- handed, as my dad used to describe me, as an excuse, in fact I rarely think about it these days and have adapted to a right-handed world. At least these days using a keyboard to do my writing on, no one can point a finger at me as did teachers from years gone by. My teacher would tear strips off me, leaving only a fragment of my self worth, simply for not using the “correct,” hand.

My husband and I are planning a vacation to Brisbane in a few weeks time. We are so different in the way we approach things. I am usually the one who books the flights, accommodation and does the packing. He shows very little interested in the systematic way I do things, knowing the travel plans will have been done. That is until the day before we leave home. Then he starts to panic and asks questions such as what time we need to be at the terminal, he always suggests way too early, and what happens if our flight gets cancelled!




© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072266-These-words-were-tricky-today