*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072202-What-difference-time-has-made
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
#1072202 added June 5, 2024 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
What difference time has made.
I can say that I may have celebrated my 5th year here. What an experience! There is nothing like a new home in a state that I never had dreamed to live in. It is almost like moving to another planet.
The captain of this flight is none other than my husband, Stan. He had lived in Texas or Mother Earth for about 32 years with a wife who he loved very much. His home planet, was Oklahoma or Mars. (Since it is colder in both places I felt that it was a fair comparison.)
We had crew members in the form of a young husky dog and 5 cats. All of them were not thrilled but could not refuse.
How am I doing? Well I guess I need to add a factor of aging. In five years I have put on weight and added bumps, bruises and various injuries, (including the one from a goose who was protecting his mate and their unborn child/egg.) Emotionally I have good and bad days. (don't we all). But adjusting is important and essential if I plan to live the rest of my life here. (I do.)
Maybe thinking of the pros and cons of the move and changes would help but this blog is meant to journal some thoughts and feelings to create a picture of my world. (remember that I am on a new planet now)
First of all, I am happy that I did to go to a hotter or colder place. I have seen and walked in snow. I have learned another language, Cherokee. I have made some nice friends. And I am in a lovely home that should take care of basic needs. My husband makes sure that we are all comfy and well. Oh, BTW I have lost two of my Cats, Shadow and Kluter. I lost two friends from Houston, Raynell and Becky. They were special and I hope they are at peace in heaven.
Left behind are family. Two brothers who have wives. One oldest brother and his wife passed due to cancer. (I hate that monster with all of my heart.) My nephew is on his own and I believe he has friends who have such different political ideas that a conversation with any of them might turn into a (ahem...) war. It is better to leave that part alone.
How much have I changed? Well I'll go into that in another blog. Let's just say that I try to adjust but still be me. Does that make sense? Probably not because my husband says that I jump around on topics a lot.
My plan is to continue writing, continue physical therapy for my balance problems and help Stan have some good years of health and mental happiness. It is only a matter of time before I drive him crazy. I'm good at that.
So if I have not gone to another planet, ONE YEAR FROM NOW...I'll see if there is something more of changes or challenges defeated to declare. June 5, 2025. here I come.

© Copyright 2024 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072202-What-difference-time-has-made