*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
6
9
14
16
18
23
24
25
29
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072083-Chairs
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1072083 added June 5, 2024 at 4:51am
Restrictions: None
Chairs
FORUM
Blog City Prompt Forum  (E)
Message forum for Blog City group members to place their entries to blog prompts
#1972533 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman


Prompt: Chair
Do you have a favorite chair? What do you think of chairs in general and what does the word chair mean in all its connotations?

I do love my recliner chair but have been unable to use it for the last two months. She has sat there looking sad that I’ve seemed to have ignored her charms, even though I have been sorely tempted.
But no! Next to her sits a hard, boring-looking chair that has been my reluctant companion. She is there straight backed, leather covered with a forward sloping seat, determined to keep my hips higher than my knees. I have turned away from my soft recliner and have sat upright, feet firmly placed on the floor for eight long weeks.
An operation on my gluteal tendons has forced this situation. But as I write this I’m sitting back into the chair I love. She has welcomed me home and has decided to forgive my desertion.
Straight back is still there but I feel her disapproval, perhaps she’s thinking her usefulness hasn’t yet run her course. But I’m afraid in a few days she will find herself relegated to the shed, hopefully not to be used again in the foreseeable future, along with two crutches, a toilet seat, shower stool and a walker. I’m back on my own two shaky legs.


© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072083-Chairs