*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071996-Chaos
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2319583
An experimental collection of exactly 100 words (mostly)
#1071996 added June 1, 2024 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
Chaos
This is a bonus entry; the prompt was "a crime," but I didn't feel as though it was "criminal" enough to qualify.

"Joe?!" Officer Angie shouted into the unlocked apartment.

Entering, she saw a vase, tablecloth and knick-knacks scattered across the floor. There was a large dark red stain on the carpet. The curtains hung in limp shreds, and picture frames on the wall dangled askew.

Joe was mysteriously absent. Angie found him standing on the balcony.

"What happened?"

He said nothing, only held a wineglass, admiring the view.

"For gosh sakes, would you please tell me why your place is such a mess?"

He gave her a sheepish smile and pointed to his tabby cat, curled up in a corner, asleep.


Merit Badge in Coffee with Lilli
[Click For More Info]

   Thanks for playing along and sharing about your muse on the Newsfeed game that  [Link To User brennus]  posted. Kindest Regards, Lilli  *^*Floral5*^*  "Most people wait for the muse to turn up. That's terribly unreliable. I have to sit down and pursue the muse by attempting to work." ~ Nick Cave
From Treasure Designs Shop
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Join "WDC Dragon Vale
© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒž (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒž has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071996-Chaos