*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071847-A-Better-Place-
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1071847 added May 29, 2024 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
A Better Place ?
Prompt: How are you making the world a better place for those that come after you? Write about this in your Blog entry today.

-------

Truthfully speaking, I'm doing no such thing, at least consciously, at this time in my life. But I'm careful with my environment, the waste I produce, and how I handle my family and other people. I do use environment-friendly products when and if I can. I also tried to help some things that had to do with local environmental concerns when I was younger, but not anymore.

From another angle, I think I'm okay because I don't rule a country and I don't start wars and I don't commit genocide. I even minimize my personal scuffles and conflicts, which means if I can't help, at least, I don't hurt.

Yet, the question of how to make the world a better place remains hanging in the air, doesn't it!

The first thing that comes to my mind is education. I think access to quality education should be for everyone. A good education helps reduce poverty and inequality and it empowers people with skills needed to improve their lives, which means lifelong learning. Lifelong learning has been my motto anyway.

Next idea is the social justice, be it for gender or race. Then comes promoting healthful living. Come to think of it, who in the world would want the opposite! I mean we all care about our health, don't we!

Promoting mental health is another area, someone very close to me used to work in; however, even he knew that one can't dictate mental health or even butt in other people's ways much. We have to be respectful of each individual's choices.

Encouraging peace and supporting the ease of conflicts inside a social group, town, or country, on the other hand, could be a good step toward making the world a better place, also.

There are, of course, global issues a dime a dozen; yet, I'm of the belief that one should clean her own house first before finding fault or trying to make other people clean their houses. This applies to the countries and the globe.
Plus, making the world a better place has to be a collective effort and everyone should be working together and people should be in agreement with what that "better place" is for the world.



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071847-A-Better-Place-