*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071836-Newsfeed-Blasts--Cruising-Alaska
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
Life, Adventure, Family, Writing what else is there? Random thoughts.
#1071836 added May 29, 2024 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
Newsfeed Blasts: Cruising Alaska

#1. Hunting for a Hiccup


Hi all ! This Busy Bee is off to Seattle! On Saturday we catch our cruise to Alaska! It's a 7 day cruise but I'll be in and out all week cos I wanna try and maintain some of my 7 day streaks. See you next to the glaciers!


------

I have a couple of minutes here before it gets busy so I thought I'd check in. Aside from a small hiccup with our driver who was suppose to take us to Burbank, (he got his wires crossed and went to Burbank instead of picking us up at the house) everything went smoothly. No issues with the flights. Hotel in Seattle was nice. Transfer to the boat went smooth. We had all our paperwork in order so it was a smooth transition onto the ship. We're on the Discovery Princess.

Our stateroom is nice. We have a balcony view and it's roomy enough. The boys have an interior room and it's compact but it's good for them. -- Sat and Sun we were basically figuring out the boat. We bought the premier package so we get unlimited drinks, desserts, and lots of food. haha. We are now on Alaska Daylight Time which is an hour behind Pacific time.

It's kinda cloudy up here so I don't know if we will see any Auroras because you need a clear night. It's 40-50 degrees and a bit nippy but we packed warm.

We will be arriving in Juneau at 1 pm. We are in the inside passage right now. Hope to have Juneau pics soon.

---------

#2 Finding Juneau


Juneau was definitely low-key. And I mean that, Juneau, itself, as a city, surprised me as being low key. We arrived in Juneau at 1 pm and my husband and #1 son, (Brent and Andy) had an excursion right away. They were going kayaking near the Mendenhall Glacier. After a brief expectations and safety meeting in the theatre, they were off. After a drive up to the inlet, they donned on their kayaking gear and had a great time. They got wet and saw a lot of bald eagles.

Kayaking Juneau

Brent and Andrew kayaking
Brent and Andrew kayaking Brent and Andrew kayaking

(Note: while doable, there's no way I can post all my pictures of this adventure on WDC so I will select and post some of the BEST. lol. I will post more pictures on a future blog. My blog can be found here: http://sgcardin.blogspot.com. Currently, it hasn't be updated in a while, but I will be updating it soon.)

They went into the city after their kayaking, bought some souvenirs and enjoyed the scenery.

Son #2, Joey, and I went into Juneau about 3 pm and walked around. It was Memorial Day so a lot of places we wanted to see where closed. We shopped for souvenirs on the main tourist/cruise ship drag, and then walked around. We found the Juneau city hall, the Alaska Federal building and the State bldg. After that, we hopped on the "Salmon Bake" Bus and went out on our excursion.

It was a short drive. The area was in the woods and the woods were vibrant! Lush green, clean smell, clear water and lots of wood. The salmon was cooked over wood. It was delicious! Joey even tried a piece and liked it. (He's a very picky eater)

We went to back to the ship and relaxed. Today we're in Skagway. More adventures to come!







Sending good vibes to all
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.



© Copyright 2024 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071836-Newsfeed-Blasts--Cruising-Alaska