*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071807-Moments-of-Beauty
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1071807 added May 28, 2024 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Moments of Beauty
Prompt: Moments of Beauty?
Was does "moment of beauty" mean to you, and was there ever a moment of unexpected beauty that sent a rush of happiness through you?


====

Moments of beauty stir the emotions and captivate the senses. They are so strong that they leave imprints in our minds and hearts. Surely, the most profound moments of beauty can be in the nature. The suns reds and golds at sunset, the stars and the moon at night, the green on the trees and lawn, and flowers...

A moment of beauty can be flash of a sight or a feeling or a painting, a poem, a dance, a movie, a stage play, a sonata, or maybe even acts of kindness. I suppose with some people it can also happen with hearing, reading, a word, or a touch.

For me, a moment of beauty is one that has stayed with me all through my life and it has some kind of a human or a living-being connection. In my life, those moments have happened with sight, except for one.

Except for a seventh grade occasion. Something I wrote so impressed the lit teacher that she called me to the front of the class and shook my hand. My hand still feels her touch and I still feel sooo embarrassed.

The other moments came all through sight, such as:

*Star* The smile on my husband's face before we said our first hello and the way his green eyes suddenly sparkled.

*Star* The sight of my little baby boy on my lap, smiling at me as the milk he had been sucking drizzled down the side of his mouth.

*Star* My other son, at six years of age, running to me when we went to see him in a play at his school, and saying, "Mommy, you came!" as if it was another wonder on earth. Btw, I always did. I would never miss an occasion like that.

*Star* The sparkle on my ex-daughter-in-law's face and the joy both I and (I think) she felt when my son brought her over to meet me for the first time. Although they are not together anymore, I'm still in touch with her, for it was the warmest "like" at first sight.

*Star* The sudden view of my rose garden in early June, 45 years ago, when all bushes decided to greet me with their full blooms one morning.

*Star* When, during a thunderstorm, our huge Newfoundland dog took refuge in between my legs as I was walking on the hallway. I can still see, in my mind's eye, the back of his head and ears in front of me. It was as if l was riding him like a horse.

*Star* Then, just a couple of years ago, my cat rushing to me and taking refuge by sticking her head under my arm while she was on the Vet's table getting a shot.

These moments, I don't even try to remember. They are always there. They are my happy moments of beauty.




© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071807-Moments-of-Beauty