*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
6
9
14
16
18
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071793-A-moment-in-time
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1071793 added May 28, 2024 at 5:34am
Restrictions: None
A moment in time
GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

Prompt: Moments of Beauty?
Was does "moment of beauty" mean to you, and was there ever a moment of unexpected beauty that sent a rush of happiness through you?

There must be many moments of beauty in my memory bank which were fleeting and disappeared before they could firmly entrenched themselves, so now I’m thinking of recent moments which have made me stop, just for a moment, and appreciate what was before my eyes. Does one need to be old, and may I even say, jaded by life, that there now few moments of beauty and nothing one had not seen or experienced before?
Amazingly no. I’ve discovered I can still be moved by the most simple things. My great granddaughter who is almost three, caused me to see the beauty in a child’s innocence. Her mother sent me a photo of her little one and she had captured a moment of beauty within.
Tears came, not sad tears but tears of joy when I looked at the photo of this beautiful child. It was taken on a summer’s day in the garden. I couldn’t see her face, she was naked, her back to the camera, sun hat perched on her dark curls, and was absorbed in painting a picture on her easel. The subject were flowers, blue and green against the white butcher’s paper. It looked to me like Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘Irises.’
I know realistically a not yet three years old child could be emulating Van Gogh, but just for a second I was struck by the simplicity and beauty of a sunny day, the gorgeous blemish free body of a child who doesn’t know yet the feelings attached to embarrassment, or shame.
I have since had the picture enlarged and it hangs on the spare bedroom wall. A moment of beauty.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071793-A-moment-in-time