*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071368-Revisited-Science
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1071368 added May 19, 2024 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "Science"
My archaeological excavation today takes us all the way back to January of 2008, meaning the entry would be eligible to get a driver's license in most states: "Science

It's fairly short, and, as you can tell from the title, presages the themes of some of my numerous subsequent entries.

Well, my creationism rant inspired some comments, but not nearly the shitstorm I feared.

This refers to the previous day's entry, which included a bunch of links, which presaged the content of most of my numerous subsequent blog entries.

The rant in question was quite short, and I railed on a then-recent poll that said 47% of Americans reject the science of evolution. The implication is that most, if not all, of them do so on religious grounds.

I did want to make clear, though, that my rant about creation "science" is not about Christians in general - in other words, I'm not attacking faith, but opinion.

I try (and sometimes fail) to keep religion out of my discussions here.

I responded to someone in a private email a clarification that I'll paste here...

That message takes up the bulk of the entry, and then...

That's the last word on it from me - at least for now.

I'm glad I hedged that with "at least for now." Because it absolutely wasn't the last word, and even the last word I wrote on the topic won't be.

But let's see what Wired Magazine has to say:

While the raw link in the original entry is broken, I found it using a web search.   Apparently they just changed the URL and kept the content, though there's a broken YouTube embed there.

While the article itself touches on a Presidential race that's ancient history at this point, the philosophical issues remain, and I continue to address them, even now, sixteen years later.

© Copyright 2024 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071368-Revisited-Science