*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071120-Disappear
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2320172
Short story collection based on the album.
#1071120 added June 13, 2024 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
Disappear

What would it take to make all of the bad in the world disappear? Can we then move forward and see goodness and kindness again? Or are we forever destined to repeat the same mistakes, causing the same hurts and heartaches?

As I grappled with the notion that our world was teetering on the edge of destruction, I couldn't help but wonder if there was a glimmer of hope. Could we, in our darkest hour, find a way to restore our humanity and break free from the cycle of self-destruction?

Where does one begin with such an enormous quest? Just thinking about all of these things gave me a pounding headache and a constant crushing of my heart with every new news cycle. Especially after seeing the destruction from bombs and the slanted media outlets pretending like one side was better than the other. As far as I was concerned, war sucked. Period. End of story. And all I wanted, more than anything, was to find a hole to crawl into and just disappear. What I needed was a distraction, a reprieve from the insanity of this world.

I took a deep breath. "Get a grip, Lisa."

Then, a figure appeared that seemed to defy the mundane reality of our office space. Tall, with a lean frame and a cascade of soft, brown curls that begged to be touched. His eyes, dark and expressive, held a depth that sent my thoughts spiraling in a new direction. He was a compelling blend of appeal and mystery, a sight that had me daydreaming like a star-struck teenager.

I had no inkling of who he was or where he came from, but oh, how I yearned for him to linger. To have my mind shift from a cynical, desolate, and unbearable outlook to its polar opposite--of exhilaration as if I were meeting my favorite singer--in a heartbeat, well, that took more than just charisma. It was a spell he cast, and I was willingly ensnared.

The good thing about being at the back of our bustling office setting, where I worked as an accounting manager, is that you get to observe everyone, , and for the most part, no one notices. That thought made me smile as I thought about all the others who came before this adonis before me now, though I found it odd that none had quite this effect on me before.

A part of me yearned to get up, run over, introduce myself, and take him in at close range, but watching him unnoticed from the back of the room held so much more allure. Here, I could create my little world where only the two of us existed, surrounded by beauty and light, and the anticipation of our eventual encounter was a sweet torment.

With my elbow on my desk, I raised my arm and rested my chin on my palm, my eyes focused on the stranger, drinking him in as my thoughts drifted away.

The warm sand beneath my feet soothed my soul like the gentle breeze that rolled across the beach. I stared out at the ocean, a mix of blues and greens so inviting I couldn't wait to dash forward and dive in. Being a Pisces meant that water drew me in, for on land, I was more like a fish out of water; surrounded by water, I came alive and rode the waves as if I were born to it.

As I was about to stand and rush toward the cresting waves, a dark-haired, tanned dream of a man made his way out of the ocean and was headed straight to me. My breath caught from the intensity of those incredible green eyes, piercing eyes that seemed to hold me in place, as my heart drummed in my ears, silencing every other sound around me.

He stood a few feet before me, water beading on his chest and arms, zig-zagging their way down his torso and glistening in the brightness of the afternoon sun. He reached for me.


"Ahem."

The intrusion into my rumination sent my vivid daydream screeching to a halt, and the world around me flooded back in, my escape from it all be damned.

I stood from my desk. "Yes, Trini?"

"Your four o'clock interview is here." She pointed to the Adonis. "Jaxon Davis."

I straightened my jacket and stood taller, trying to quell the excitement that danced through my body as those thoughts of the beach and a sunkissed Jaxon Davis entered my mind. The sorry state of the world could disappear forever for all I cared. Today, I was going to focus on hope and a handsome stranger.

WC: 783




Disappear
Say I'm crying
I'm looking at what's on TV
Pain and suffering
And the struggle to be free
It can't ever be denied
And I never will ignore
But when I see you coming
I can take it all
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
Say you're mine
And give yourself to the feelings that you know
I'm needing all that you can give me
All the things that you do so well
Words are healing
Sweet anticipation
Making spells as the shadows close in
Fall across all our yesterdays
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Disappear
Say if I could
Look into myself and reason
But I could never never see
Or make sense of the dealings
Turn around
Am I looking at salvation
Make me realize all that I am
You put the light inside this man
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
You're so fine
Lose my mind
And the world seems to disappear
All the problems
All the fears
And the world seems to disappear
© Copyright 2024 Purple Wishing WDC Happy 24th (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Wishing WDC Happy 24th has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071120-Disappear