*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
6
9
14
16
18
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071000-Bhutan
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1071000 added May 13, 2024 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
Bhutan
FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a Witchy Woman

I think Bhutan sounds an amazing place to visit. A balm for the soul. In this world of rush, rush and busy, busy, a week or two of peace sounds amazing.
I love the idea of Buddhism but I’m afraid I could never live up to its ideals and philosophy.
In simplistic terms, to say one lived a Buddhist way of life, one would never harm a living creature. I have a friend who has dedicated her life to the Buddhist way of thinking and she won’t even kill a mouse, rat, fly or ant. But I’m afraid the idea of a rat being in my house and just letting it live its best life is simply too much for me.
I’ve never heard my friend say one bad thing about anyone either. When her husband left her for another woman she was obviously hurt and confused but the way she handled herself, refusing to stoop to his level and call him names, was inspiring. Although she calmly went about ensuring he didn’t get away with her share of their assets. Just like a calm assassin!
Bhutan is supposed to be a place of happiness, although I’m sure everyone has their share of troubles, even there.
Visitors to the Kingdom are kept to a minimum, ensuring their way of life isn’t too disrupted which happens to almost all other tourist-driven countries and destinations.
There must be something special about being so near to Heaven which gives that feeling of being special. I hope it remains that way forever.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071000-Bhutan