*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068108-Citadel-Task-23
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #2317225
The book to hold all my activities for GOT
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1068108 added April 15, 2024 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Citadel Task 23
For "Westeros In progress

Make a list of Ten books to read.


Gosh! Where to start. I read so much.

Book 1
The Shining Stephen King

Ya I know King, but this is fantastic. More a spooky mystery than horror. Told from the sight of little boy Danny at times, his innocent and confusion. Writer Jack has writer's block, and decides to take his family, his wife and son up into the mountains to a very remote hotel, The Overlook, which has been the sight of a disappearance of the last keeper. A winter storm separates them, and physicalism terror gripes Danny as he tries to sort it out, with his mom Wendy.

Things go bad as Johnny goes insane, and it becomes a game of cat and mouse.

Book 2
The Legend of Huma-Dragonlance Series Richard Knack

This tells the story of Huma, fabled Hero of the Lance. It is based in the Dragonlance universe, but this is so well written, it can stand alone and you've have no trouble knowing the characters. You learn about Huma, what drives him, and go through a story of betrayal, treachery, friendship, and love, and heartbreak. I cry still every time I read this, if you like fantasy your game.

Book 3
Book of Blood Clive Baker

This is a collection of some very disturbing short stories of the horror cake. I have two that stuck with me till this day. One, The Midnight Meat Train (also made into a gory movie) tells the tale of a man riding the subway at night, and having visions of people being slaughtered in most sickening ways. There's a demon the rides the train and kills people with hatchet. We they realize they can see and know each other things goes very gross very fast and the ending in wow! I still chew on it.



© Copyright 2024 StaiNed-House Targaryen (UN: staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StaiNed-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1068108-Citadel-Task-23