*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066570-Fear
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1066570 added March 19, 2024 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
Fear
Prompt: Fear
“Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up”
Veronica Roth, Divergent
What makes you afraid and how do you handle fear?


-------

Even if fear is often connected with negativity and inhibition, I find a refreshing perspective in this quote. It means to say that by embracing fear and harnessing its energy, we can navigate life's challenges with courage, resilience, and purpose.

Yet, what a paralyzing force fear is! Especially when it hits suddenly--be it for only a few moments and with or without any earlier hint--it immobilizes me and most of the people I know. In such a situation, I am so stunned that I cannot take any reasonable action.

Still, soon enough, my instincts kick in, alerting me to what is happening. At that instant, I can confront the situation and assess its origin and the surroundings, and take action.

For example, after an accident when someone hit my car from the back, although no one was hurt, I developed a fear of running out of food and began storing non-perishables, just in case I wouldn't be able to go food shopping again. Was that a catalyst for growth or was I overwhelmed? I'm still working on this question. It may just be that fear did serve as a motivator, stirring a sense of urgency within me, pushing me to overcome probable problems.

Just maybe, if it weren't for the fear of neediness and poverty, possibly nobody would hold a job or provide for the future. In this way, fear doesn't shut down people's will but energizes them toward success; therefore, fear is not something to be avoided or ignored but it should be used as a catalyst for growth and self-awareness.

.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066570-Fear