*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064468-Blow-at-High-Dough-The-Tragically-Hip
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2313405
A book to contain all my entries for The Soundtrack of Your Life. Come enjoy listen.
#1064468 added February 20, 2024 at 5:53pm
Restrictions: None
Blow at High Dough The Tragically Hip


*Music2*They shot a movie once, in my hometown
Everybody was in it, from miles around
Out at the speedway, some kind of Elvis thing
Well, I ain't no movie star… *Music2*

Lyrics


Artist: The Tragically Hip (The Hip) *CountryCA*
Songwriters: Rob Baker
Gord Downie
Album: Up to Here(1989)
Lead vocals: Gord Downie
Strings: Gord Sinclair
Rob Baker
Drums: Johnny Fay
Genre: Folk/Rock



I love this band, saw them live six times, and remember every one. I've been listening to Gord all my life, I love his twang, country like voice but not country. That folk rock sound. You just feel this, his voice is one of kind, clear easy to understand but that wonderful accent, and it isn't Canadian. "laugh" This band rose to number one and I'm sure people still enjoy them. Good old fashioned rock, if there's such a thing. They toured in 1991 and I saw them in Halifax I was still in high school. I saw them again in 1996 again in Halifax, I was expecting Evan my oldest. Third time in 1999 in Sydney. Fourth and Fifth in 2000 and 2004 respectively. The last time was in 2015, I never expected Nathan would die May 2016. I would say this is my overall long term favorite artist. I have every album, and would see them if they toured near me again. Gord Downie died in 2016 from brain cancer and the band has stopped using "The Hip" being without him. They are still active in separate projects.

Gord has such a wonderful voice. He's brings me such happiness when I listen. I have my whole life, and it's sad he passed away, I know of a few that have in various ways. Such an active performer, engaging the crowd and always singing from his soul. There's those that perform that don't seem to enjoy and then other's those that do. This band always did.


© Copyright 2024 StaiNed- (UN: staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StaiNed- has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064468-Blow-at-High-Dough-The-Tragically-Hip