*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056344-The-Way-I-Cook
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1056344 added September 28, 2023 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
The Way I Cook
Prompt: Do you like cooking meals that take time or do you keep them short and simple?

------

Would you laugh at me if I said both? In fact, my cooking depends on my mood. But I do like cooking and I'd rather eat what I cook rather than eat ready-meals or eat at a restaurant or eat something someone I don't know has cooked.

As to short and simple, that kind of cooking has its benefits because, for those, I'd need minimal but fresh ingredients, and I can make the meals healthy and versatile from day to day. There is also that factor of spending less time in the kitchen, which comes in handy on busy days.

Yet, the other more elaborate type of cooking is a culinary adventure, and in my book, an art form. This type of cooking, when I dare, allows me to experiment with different and diverse flavors, cooking techniques and skills, and a deeper understanding of all culinary methods.

With either way of cooking, be it elaborate or simple, I like to try new things and use what I have in my cupboards and fridge in new ways to explore their wide range of possibilities. What I do most that good cooks don't is use measurements. I rather use ratios than be specific. Yet, I think, most things I come up with are edible and tasty (to me!).

On the other hand, due to my negligence (or incapacity) of using exact measurements, any good and experienced chef's hairs would stand on end if he/she ever watched me cook. *Rolling*


.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056344-The-Way-I-Cook