*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054911-what-do-I-want
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2253657
Maybe meandering, possibly peripatetic and indisputably irregular.
#1054911 added August 31, 2023 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
what do I want?
If you have ever read any self help books, you've possibly noticed that they often begin by telling you to think about and create a precise definition of what you want. This makes perfect sense, after all if you don't have any clearly defined goals, then how are you going to achieve them?

It is a deceptively easy task. Often the books will give some further help in preparing a list. Don't, for example, say "I want a lot of money." Whilst this may be true, the suggestion would be that you go further and say what you would want to buy if you had a lot of money.

You might then refine your wants list and say "I want to buy a car." Which is again quite probably true, but one of the books I read suggested that in fact you should state this as "I want a car." so as to give the universe alternative ways to provide your wants. Maybe you will be given a car by a relative that no longer needs it, or you might win a car. You might even find that if you want a car so you don't have to get a bus to work, another of your wants - a better job, also comes with a car.

Why am I rambling about this? I've been thinking about my wants. It is a hard task because I'm not sure if I even know what they are. If however, I follow my inner promptings, I want to further explore the ideas that I've spent a lifetime developing, a metaphysics with practical applications.

I know certain parts of it work really well. I suspect to go further with my ideas will necessitate the development of an actual plan, with specified goals. So, in the short term, I want a plan.

© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054911-what-do-I-want