*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053047-Hot-and-Dry
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1053047 added July 25, 2023 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Hot and Dry

We're in the midst of a hot spell here. 90's, 100's. Dry and hot. But you know, it's summer. It's supposed to be hot. I survived without A/C growing up in hot and humid NE Ohio. And our bedroom faced West at night. Egads. Many a hot sweaty uncomfortable night. And riding in cars? You just hoped for a fast ride with the windows down.

So get used to being hot in summer, cold in winter. Quit whining about the weather. It could always be worse.

My cousin and her husband visited on Sunday. They have a heck of a pickle. They are traveling in an RV and somehow the towing mechanism for their car has drained their battery. So they are locked out of their car. Because they have one of those fancy-fancy keyless entry thingies. Ha! Stupid is all I can think. Give me a good old fashioned key and lock any day. No computerized gadgets that can go flujey and leave you high and dry and locked out of things. They couldn't even call OnStar - no power - no entry. They did call me a day after they left and tell me they figured out how to get in. And they have an appointment with someone in CO to look at the problem. They live in AZ.

We are still waiting for our vehicle. It's still in VA. Hubby needs to fly or take the train back to pick it up whenever the son-in-law has a fixed it up. It's an older Jeep. So we are still borrowing a truck. But I find myself not wanting to drive it anywhere. So I walk everywhere.

And right now I am walking back and forth to church for our Vacation Bible School program this week. We knew of at least 10 children that would attend. We are now up to 25. Amazing! It is a wonderful program. I think the kids are having a good time. I'm sure all of us will be worn out come Friday, though.

So now I am switching hats and getting ready to attend a Chamber of Commerce meeting. I am the treasurer. Yeah, well. Someone had to do it.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053047-Hot-and-Dry