*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053017-Korean-English-Spoonerism
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2293895
Express It Eight Current Poems Vol Two
#1053017 added July 25, 2023 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Korean-English Spoonerism


Korean-English Spoonerism


Sam Adams And Maria Lee
And his Korean wife
Amused each other
As they daily successfully mangled
Each other’s native language
Making” a molehill out of a mountain
”Or mispronouncing the Korean word for nowadays
With the word for urination



SPOONERISM DAY


Spoonerisms - words or phrases in which letters or syllables get swapped; transposition of initial sounds or letters of two or more words, often to humorous effect
• tease my ears should ease my tears
• a lack of pies should be a pack of lies
• wave the sails should be save the whales
• blushing crow should be crushing blow
• well-boiled icicle should be well-oiled bicycle


William Archibald Spooner was born on today's date in 1844. He studied at Oxford University and went on to lecture there for 60 years, focusing on philosophy, divinity, and history. Because of his intellect, his speech often did not keep up with his thought process. That contributed to him often saying phrases that were different than the ones he intended. With these slips of the tongue, which became known as "spoonerisms," the initial consonant sounds in some words are reversed. One of his most famous was "It is kisstomary to cuss the bride," which he apparently said while performing a wedding ceremony for a couple. Spoonerisms are often used by accident, just as they were done by Spooner, but nowadays they are often used on purpose as well. No matter why they are said, we celebrate them today.

If you would like, slip a spoonerism into your poem today, or you might wish to use inspiration from the given information about Reverend Spooner to compose a poem. If you would rather, just share some of your own home-made spoonerisms.

If you're not into spoonerisms, just write a poem from your heart

Bioguide Search (congress.gov) Bioguide Search (congress.gov) Bioguide Search (congress.gov)

Senator Magnuson of Washington State was also famous for his unintentional “magnumsism” as they put it in his day, and his rumpled brown suits as he never ironed them and was famously clueless about clothes and fashion.
Warren Grant Magnuson (April 12, 1905 – May 20, 1989) was an American lawyer and politician who represented the state of Washington in Congress for 44 years, first as a Representative from 1937 to 1944, and then as a senator from 1944 to 1981. Magnuson was a member of the Democratic Party. He was Washington State's longest-serving senator, serving over 36 years in the Senate. During his final two years in office, he was the most senior senator and president pro tempore.
Wikpedia article

Nowadays

요즘에는
yojeum-eneun

urinate

(요즘에는Verb
ojum nuda

Sounds alike to many foreigners


© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053017-Korean-English-Spoonerism