*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
21
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051898-Lessons-under-the-stars
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1051898 added June 30, 2023 at 1:13am
Restrictions: None
Lessons under the stars
We swam last night after 7 p.m. The water was warmer than the day before; the chlorine was less. I love floating on my back looking at the Moon and Venus. The canyon between the towers blocks out most of the sky, but city lights... *sigh*. I'm slowly overcoming my fears. Going into the pool every day would be best.

To WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (Petra) in "To swim or not to swim "I have to exercise and walk every day. Easy in the 6 condo towers. We have a small 4 station workout place outdoors, an indoor exercise room (that I don't use). We also have 3 pools. I put swimming on my to-do list. I have been afraid of water since I was a child; so, this is good for me.

I remember seeing the ocean for the first time when I was 21. I remember the blackness, the stars, the Southern Cross and the terrifying immensity of it all."


I was raised by parents of the Greatest Generation. My mother's family struggled through the Depression and she would hoard anything that could be reused. We didn't waste tin pans or left-overs. I learned this lesson well. Here in Thailand I try to teach Pan how to recycle plastic bags for garbage and how all food must be consumed before it goes bad.

Fortunately our place is very small and Pan likes to clean more than I do. He also looks after me.


To intuey in "Yea, Here I Go Again .... "My life has changed drastically in the past year. I had this crazy idea of traveling around Thailand... but I ended up in a condo and a relationship. Both totally unlike me. I even work out each day and go swimming. I've been allergic to any notion of taking care of myself in the past.

I live in small places. I'm a depressed clutterer who can't get rid of anything. A small place puts limits on my insanity.

Entering contests is one way to restart the writing-engine."


Each place has a rhythm. I've tried to establish my own routines: exercise before 10 a.m., read/write blogs when it's too hot to walk, watch TV at 20:30. In the tropics there are morning chores and evening markets. The sun and heat of the day (10-4) is best avoided. A/C is everywhere that's enclosed (like the present cultural exhibition in UD Town under 2 adjoining canvas quonset huts). I look forward to rain every day.


To Anni Pon re "Turning blue in June "I vote for the Pomegranate. Ancient symbol for many things.

I absolutely don't do resorts. If I did I don't know whether I'd join in with people or hide.

The neuro-science gathering seems promising. NaNoWriMo can wait for a different month... maybe October? Choose one that will allow you to focus without too many interruptions... one with 35 days is best.

Montana Smoke Season is brutal (especially if there are 'controlled' fires in Idaho). Smoke in Isan started in February and lasted through April in Thailand (due to a government mistake and lack of ASEAN regional cooperation).

I love Rain Season. I do not like SADD (both summer and winter for me)."


"I like the beginning of Spring and Autumn. Growing up, summer was too hot for me; winter too dreary.

In the tropics (Thailand 16 degrees N; Costa Rica 9 degrees N) the end of Cold Season is Hot! Hot and dry and smoky and may be great at a beach but not for me. The rains are a godsend; but by the end... the grey skies and deluge is a tad too much. In both places that would be March-April and September-October... kinda... sorta... I'd rather be in Montana during those months; but, reality has fangs and bites. *Vamp*

I can get a arctic-summer-high. However, that's not good for my balance either. I had to be careful visiting Norway in summer and winter."


For June, 2023

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
JUNE:Annual Blog Month!
#981150 by StephBee


sponsored by Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH and StephBee

~ 640 words

59

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051898-Lessons-under-the-stars