*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050823-Deadly-Sins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #2292954
A wealthy obese businesswoman gets kidnapped
#1050823 added August 26, 2023 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Deadly Sins
6:00PM Mercer Street Medical Center, New Jersey Friday May 24th 2019

Prudence Sternwood had an enemy she forgot she had, but her enemy didn't forget her. Doctor Alvin Kelly turned off the lights in his consultation room and locked the door behind him. He entered into the reception area, the only individual remaining was his head receptionist fifty four year old Pamela Beard "It's Friday Pamela, go home, have a great weekend"

Pamela lost in her own thoughts, jumped in her seat startled "sorry, I was in my own little world, just a bit of administration to finish up and I will be done"

He handed her the keys of his consultancy room "Surely it can wait until Monday" she placed them into a wall key rack by her computer "We serve the needy and their needs must be addressed"

"Well I'm going to serve my needs with a glass of wine, see you Monday Pamela".

"Have a good weekend Alvin!". He leaves the reception and walks out of his consultation department area leaving the door open behind him. She sighed with annoyance, yet again he left the door open, she got up from her desk and walked briskly towards the door. Slowly she closed it over but left it slightly ajar while she peered behind it and watched him walk down the hallway past the other consultant room areas. Towards the main lobby he stopped and chatted with two nurses. She listened anxiously at their distant laughter as they exited the main entrance. She closed the door over and took a few deep breaths, she had never done before what she was about to do.

Her heart pounded, She sat motionless at her desk momentarily to compose. She shuddered at the thought that she could be a sinner but Prudence Sternwood was worse, in her mind, a gluttonous usurer, the name consumed her with contemptuous hate .The words of her pastor, pastor John came to mind, she visualized his angry red face red as he pounded the pulpit with his right fist spitting out the words "There is no greater leech on the downtrodden and poor than the usurer who sucks them dry for everything they have and everything they will have"

Her blood was boiling , her hands curled tightly into bony fists, she muttered to herself "Your day of reckoning is approaching Prudence and no amount of penance can save your sinful soul from the darkness that awaits it"

Her doubts vanished, she hopped up from her work swivel chair, peered out into lobby area, it was now six fifteen pm and cleaners were beginning to arrive, gently she closed the door over, she had no more time to dillydally. She rummaged through a security box until she found the key labelled "STU". Her adrenaline was pumping she hummed "Amazing Grace" to herself , she took a cell phone out of her Brown handbag and then unlocked the secure filing cabinet with the key. She knew where the file was, she watched it like a hawk all day, all week. She pulled out a light brown file "Sternwood, Prudence" and began capturing photos of each file page into the phone. Outside she could hear the sound of mop buckets and vacuum cleaners powering up.
She quickly checked the images were good then locked way the file.

At six thirty eight pm, Pamela exited the medical center and turned left towards her bus stop. She was still buzzing, in her mind she had done the right thing. A few yards up the orange neon sign of the "Every Hour Internet Cafe" across the road caught her attention, it never did before, "Could it be a sign, it has to be a sign" she thought. She power marched to the next pedestrian road crossing and continued the power march into the internet cafe. She is given computer number twenty six and sits down. She completes a search for a social media feed for "PD Sternwood Financial Services and investments" She finds the social media platform she is looking for.

She logged into her online cloud file account and retrieved a full bodied photo of Prudence she took discretely at a New York Hilton hotel. She could still feel the revulsion of when she laid eyes on her.

Pamela grinded her teeth with hatred at the stoic expression on Prudence's chubby face. She imagined that her taut lips would crack if she tried to smile. On her nose sat a pair of gold rim circular glasses, her dark brown eyes looked buried behind the thick lenses. Her chubby cheeks flush, for Pamela another symbol of her excess indulgences. She tutted in disgust at Prudence's extensive double chin which seemed to be a joining of both fleshy cheeks. Even how Prudence carried her dyed brown shoulder length hair irritated her. She next turned her attention to her corpulent torso, she was dressed in a long sleeved white v neck blouse which had a white frill at the neck section. Her left hand held a black handbag by two straps. Her hands appeared small soft and plump, she doubted they ever saw a days hard labour. She wore a plain black skirt that extended two inches below her knees, Pamela shook her head in repulsion at the partial view of her chunky thighs that narrowed at the ankles. She wondered how they supported her. On her feet were a pair of of flat shiny black pointed shoes.

She set up an account in the social media site with the username 'BeyondRedemption' and selected a profile logo with an orange candle light and the word 'Repent' with a dark background.

Next she went to the Social Media feed of PD Sternwood Financial Services & Investments. She inserted the photo of Prudence and entered the following wording "This sinner will be judged on her engagement with usury. Her fondness for the deadly sins of gluttony and greed is visible for us all to see".
© Copyright 2023 amateur40 (UN: amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amateur40 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050823-Deadly-Sins