*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046302-Finding-Beauty-in-the-Mundane
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1046302 added March 13, 2023 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Finding Beauty in the Mundane.
Today I will have arrived a little bit early, so in order to fill the extra time before I have to go somewhere, I am currently trying to decide what I should do with it. Although I am able to read, I find that writing is the activity that I enjoy doing more. Even if it makes no sense at all. Everyone in this world has a finite amount of time, but when one is able to anticipate their needs and make appropriate preparations, they should have a sufficient amount of time. At least, that's all I can get my hands on right now.

The experience of staring at a blank page is nerve-wracking for the majority of people. It's not like staring at a blank wall for hours on end. For some reason, staring at a blank wall all day always seems to have a calming effect on me, but staring at a blank sheet of paper can sometimes drive me completely insane. It does not make a difference to me whether I am drawing or writing.

When I was a baby and toddler, I used to spend a lot of time staring at the wall. Whenever I wake up in the morning is when it happens most frequently. It must be the chemicals in my brain that have not been able to adapt to whatever it is that they are doing to me. To this day, I can't say for sure what got me going back then, but if I needed something to get me going now, a cup of coffee with caffeine in it would do the trick just fine.

Blank spaces, such as those on a page or a wall, don't bother me as much as they used to. There is a possibility that you are under the impression that I would create something out of nothing. I cannot comment on what is happening with other people. That is what I believe it has the potential to do for me each and every time the sun rises on a brand new day.

Now, I know. I am conscious of the presence of something, but what is it?

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046302-Finding-Beauty-in-the-Mundane