*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043791-MLK-Quote--Dreams-and-Reality
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1043791 added January 28, 2023 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
MLK Quote & Dreams and Reality
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” —Martin Luther King, Jr. Your thoughts on this King quote.

----------

When we take a look at the surface of things, hard work on whatever we can do does not seem like a lot of fun, as some of us, sometimes, stay idle and is not encouraged to take action. As the quote says, we may opt to do what we can do since the circumstances of working hard and keeping up the action provide a huge competitive advantage, and not only with others but with ourselves. Moving forward and challenging ourselves to do more than we think can be possible, as it increases our value as a human being and, most of the time, pleasantly surprises us at what we'll be able to do.

Especially when we have a purpose, like MLK, using all the courage and boldness we can muster, especially with things related to our purpose, is highly beneficial. This way we are avoiding being idle and, also with some intelligence, we are helping the society we're in. This way no one, especially our own selves, can accuse us for not doing the best that we could.


*Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart* *Heart*


“Which is the true nightmare, the horrific dream that you have in your sleep or the dissatisfied reality that awaits you when you awake?”
― Justin Alcala


------------

A dream can be more real than we think. The relationship between dreams and everyday life provide clues as to how our consciousness operates, since our minds are able to turn any information into a multidimensional and sometimes very scary reality. A bad dream is how we look at it, but then, isn't reality similar to a dream by depending on our observation of it?

We disregard a close inspection of dreams because they end when we wake up. My take on this is, when there's a horrific dream we should examine it as to what caused it. This is because our minds have a will of their own and they shape and misshape things, and then, throw them at us. It is nerve-tangling to wake up from a bad dream that seemed every bit as real as real life. But then, who can really, exactly vouch for the truthfulness of reality either? As life is a puzzle, so is reality and the dreams it causes. Yet, we should not confuse dreams with reality as this is a borderline personality disorder.

Then, for me, I prefer the not-so-great reality, only because I have the option of taking a good look at it sensibly and pragmatically, instead of trying to unknot the strings of a bad dream to see the reason behind its hideousness and dread.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043791-MLK-Quote--Dreams-and-Reality