*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042456-Here-we-go-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2253657
Maybe meandering, possibly peripatetic and indisputably irregular.
#1042456 added January 1, 2023 at 4:27pm
Restrictions: None
Here we go again.
December was brutal. The sheer amount of extra work needed to keep the shop running, as we got busier than any time before, together with my usual poor sleeping habits, and topped off with a long running battle with a cold, or flu or something, all combined to make me feel lousy and irritable, and exhausted.

I did enjoy the brief times I was able to write bits for WdC, though I would have loved to do one piece a day during advent, often I got home, ate and went to bed, it was all I was fit for.

Though I make no new year's resolutions. I am thinking about various things, and one in particular is the application of limits. Increasingly I am distracted, and it makes getting anything done really difficult. I need to define one, and only one personal goal. In all probability, this will be a writing goal, but whatever it is, I will use it to try and focus on completing something.

Since I cannot stop the endless procession of ideas through my head, I shall make use of notebooks to capture ideas, and then set them aside for later consideration, (I already do this with bits of paper, I have a lot of slips of paper in boxes, it's messy.

I once tried to explain to my wife what it is like in my head. Much of the time, it is a torrent of ideas, with connections leaping out at me, internal lists being reviewed and maintained, and it's fast. When I do slow down, it's usually through physical exhaustion forcing me to do so. Even then I have nights where the same few phrases cycle though my sleep and waking, leaving me still tired when I get up.

Hey ho.

© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1042456-Here-we-go-again