*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039327-Task-3-for-GHA-forum-blogging
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1039327 added October 17, 2022 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
Task 3 for GHA forum blogging
Task 3 - October 17 - 23
Task: Blog Challenge
Prompt 1: What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you? Why was it so scary?


Prompt 1:

Well now, I've been scared plenty of times in my life. My 7 yr old having kidney cancer back in 1999, along with going through a divorce that year. (1999 sucked, by the way). I really thought that I was over the worst things that could happen in my life. I am ever so grateful that my daughter survived, and is doing well. I also have three grandbabies from her as well. So I can consider myself blessed on that account.

I guess the scariest thing I've encountered has happened this summer. I had kidney stones that blocked off both of my kidneys and the infection turned septic. I usually feel kidney stones, but these came out of the blue. Turns out they were huge...2 cm (in kidney stone matters, huge!). The doctors really didn't know if I was going to live or die. Gave the kids a scare that I'm not sure they are over, either. The dreams/hallucinations that I had during that time still are surreal to me, and I'm not 100% over it as yet. I honestly don't remember the first few days in the hospital. I'm still recovering, and it probably won't be until after the first of the year before I can consider going back to work *Angry*

My body is getting older, and more frail, and that scares me a little bit, as well. The ability to bounce back is taking a lot longer than I want. Patience, thy name is not AmyJo!! *FacePalm*

Frailty, getting older, is a part of life, I understand that. I've even come to some terms with it. I've done some damage to my body as well, having developed diabetes a few years ago. Not sure exactly how much time I've taken off my life with my foolishness, but I'm sure there is some. But I am in no hurry to shed this mortal coil just yet! I still have plans I'd like to get through, although I am still learning patience. I can only ask for God's grace in this matter. Mortality...dang!

So that is my scary story. Didn't mean for it to turn morbid *FacePalm* *Blush*




© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039327-Task-3-for-GHA-forum-blogging