*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038527-Transitions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1038527 added October 3, 2022 at 7:47am
Restrictions: None
Transitions
When did the word Transition become an "ugly" word? Or have such a negative connotation?

The Oxford dictionary defines transition as:
(noun) the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.

So, weather-wise, we are transitioning into Fall, cooler weather, rain (ugh) and sweaters or jackets needed occasionally.

I am going to be transitioning from being home all the time, to being able to go to work. (At least, that is the hope!)

I guess all of the hullabaloo is in what and why there is transitioning going on.

I have a cousin, who went from being a very unhappy male, to being a (happy?) female. Surgery and all. Is it recommended? Is is necessary? She felt that it was, and I can't very well argue the fact. Is she confused? In my opinion, yes; but I do not live in her shoes. I just hope that she has found the peace that once eluded her. It is not for me to judge her lifestyle.

But on a different track, I think the word transition may be scary for some, as it infers change. Change is not always a welcome aspect in our lives. It just comes whether we want it or not. For others, it is a chance to escape. If I do or become someone/something else, then everything will be fine. And it may, or it may not. That is a more internal decision, a choice to make, rather than depending on exterior circumstances.

Oh, my! Didn't mean to have such a serious conversation so early in the morning! And before coffee *Shock2*

Well, enough marbles flying around this morning. Back to your regularly scheduled reading! *Rolling*

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038527-Transitions