*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038472-Different-Topics---Sometimes-Uncomfortable
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1038472 added October 2, 2022 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Different Topics - Sometimes Uncomfortable
Topic #1
Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #1Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #1
~ National Book Month ~

Topic #2
Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #2Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #2
~ Mental Illness Awareness Month ~

Topic #3
Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #3Poetry Topic of the Month Topic #3
~ Domestic Violence Awareness Month ~


Sometimes, writing isn't always comfortable. Sure, I love a sense of humor, and have been told that mine can be warped. But some topics are not always so pleasant. Take the above topics for example. They are in the Poetry of the Month Contest. Who doesn't love books? I shudder to think about that one. But Mental Illness, and Domestic Violence are not subjects that most people would touch. Why? Because they are unpleasant? They hit too close to home? Someone has personal knowledge of these topics?

It is a fallen world we live in: people we know and love and care about are thrust into these terrible conditions. Powerless to help, or even know where to begin is often the result. But ignoring the situations will not help. We have to figure out ways to be able to help. Being an ear to listen, a hand to hold, speaking out, are not only things we must do, it's the only way we will be able to break the chains, to find cures, to be human.

Tough topic this morning. My two cent's worth, although I'm sure it is far more valuable than that to some *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*


© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038472-Different-Topics---Sometimes-Uncomfortable