*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038267-Countdown-begins
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1038267 added September 28, 2022 at 7:40am
Restrictions: None
Countdown begins
We all have countdowns in our lives. Countdown to Friday, or the weekend, to the football game *Football* . The holidays are a countdown to the New Year *PartyHatO* . For me Thanksgiving weekend *Turkey* is my countdown to Christmas *TreePine*. An on and on ad nauseum.

A week from tomorrow is hopefully my last surgery to get over a crazy summer. I am glad it will soon be behind me, as I am more than just a walking surgery case. I am a little nervous, as I can see how much fluid I take in and have a visible way of measuring (nephrostomy bag),so I will lose that "crutch" and have to stay disciplined to make sure I don't go backwards.

But then there is the countdown to going back to work, the countdown on getting a paycheck again, so I can pay my bills...then helping the kids with living expenses, as I live with them; the grandkids, etc...you get the picture. Life.

While I am ready to be "productive" again, I am a little nervous. I've enjoyed my free time in order to work on my writing, and being part of this community. I'm sure my time will be reduced by work, but everyone else seems to make do, so I really can do whatever I set my heart to do.

I've done a little stretching; physically, to get stronger, so when I do go to work, I don't fall over in complete exhaustion. I've done smaller stretching in my writing. Not just poetry, although that is my "go to" for a lot of things, but writing stories, and dialogue.

What is it that you do a countdown? Oct/Nov seem to be Writing.Com's major writing gigs. Prep, and actual writing. To me it's a little intimidating, but baby steps, right?

Just the early morning marbles clanking around.


© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1038267-Countdown-begins