*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037823-Hurry-up-and-Wait
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1037823 added September 18, 2022 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
Hurry up and Wait
Dictionary.com defines patience as:

1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.



So Patience has to do with waiting. It is one of the fruits of the Spirit in the New Testament (Galatians 5:22-23).

Wait...till I'm better; till surgery is over, for my body to heal; till the doctor says it's ok....and on and on. *Headbang*

It is one of the hardest things for me to do...wait. "I want it now!" sang Veruca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think I'm quite so forward in saying it, but then again, maybe I am *FacePalm*. Even if I'm not quite so demanding, my attitude is that I don't want to wait for something. How frustrating to have to wait, but how much more frustrating is my attitude to God - it is implying that I don't trust him to take care of me or my needs. He's promised that He would do so (1 Peter 5:6-7).

Forgive me, Lord, for my ingratitude, my impatience, my lack of trust in You. *Pray* Help me to rely on You and Your timing.

Just something to mull over. I know I have to. And again, wait.






© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037823-Hurry-up-and-Wait