*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037570-unlucky-13
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1037570 added September 10, 2022 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
unlucky 13?
Since I wrote a poem in the last entry, I thought I would meander in this hole-y section which holds the marbles I have left.

I guess you could call me a "Royal Watcher". I remember when Charles and Diana got married; I remember staying up all night watching Diana's funeral on TV. I remember Fergie and Andrew's public foolishness. Somehow, Queen Elizabeth, seemed to me above all of that. I remember watching the movie "The Queen" with Helen Mirren. I also have watched documentaries on Diana, her accident, life with Charles (now King) and Camilla. I've seen Andrew's embarrassing exploits, and have watched the comparisons between the young princes, William and Harry, and their families. "The Crown" on Netflix was a guilty pleasure as well.

Even through everything, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth stood firm. Never wavering in public, that I could see. She led a fascinating life. 70 years on the throne! We have elections of our nation's leader every 4 years...many people could (and possibly should) use Elizabeth's life as an example of how to behave.

When all is said and done, I pray King Charles will take the monarchy in a good path, and let the past be the past. We could all take that to heart in our own lives. Do our best, let God handle the rest.

So goes the marbles in this 13th entry...

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037570-unlucky-13