*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037529-Hope-for-the-near-future
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1037529 added September 9, 2022 at 7:22am
Restrictions: None
Hope for the near future
Another day, another dollar...that's how the saying goes, anyway. For me, another day, another day closer to surgery, so that I CAN go earn that dollar.
I get up, empty my nephrostomy bag, check WdC, play an online game. See the kids off to work, go and lay down for a bit. Get up, empty bag again, take my meds, work on dishes or laundry or grocery list. Then back to WdC for a bit and maybe an online game or two. Nap, then either home health nurse or physical therapy comes. Call kids to see if they want me to make dinner.
Then, rinse and repeat morning activities until bed.

I am so ready to get off this treadmill, and back to work. Yes, I am thankful to be alive. I am grateful that after a sepsis infection, that my kidneys are still working, and that I am not on dialysis. But, as someone who is used to working, this has been a bit of a speed bump. I went from 10,000+ steps a day, to under 500. Still, surgery is in October, so hopefully, I can go back to work right before the holidays begin. I'm praying that it is so. Bills are waiting...*FacePalm* .

WdC has kept me sane. Being able to write, has been cathartic, and even enjoyable. The Anniversary week was fast-paced, and I feel as though I was able to get a bit done.

So, off I go, now that I've written this bit, to take a small nap, then get the day going. We get to go grocery shopping this, and I am going to try to push the grocery cart around, instead of riding on an electric buggy. Woot! Woot!

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037529-Hope-for-the-near-future