*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037353-Reading-and-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1037353 added September 5, 2022 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Reading and Writing
As a reader, I expect certain things from the writers: good main characters that have depth, a good storyline, something that I am able to follow reasonably. I get those things and more from several of the book series that I have read (such as the In Death series by J.D. Robb, or the Wolfblade Trilogy by Jennifer Fallon). It also delights me when my expectations of an outcome are twisted, and I don't see it coming.

As a writer, I would guess it is no different: I would want to give my readers something to look forward to, as well as deliver a good story (or poem, as that is my main writing), maybe a predictable ending (or not, depending on my mood), and some believable characters, if not memorable. Otherwise, what is the point of writing, unless, of course, you write for yourself only.

These thoughts are my opinion only, feel free to agree/disagree as you please *Smile*


PROMPT 5: Sept 5 – Do writers have obligations towards their readers? If so, what can they be? If not, why not? Do you have anything to tell about (your) readers? On Writers and Readers.

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037353-Reading-and-Writing