*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037287-Nothing-New-Under-the-Sun
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1037287 added September 4, 2022 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Nothing New Under the Sun
Sept 1-7, 2022

It really isn't anything new; it just has been given different names over time. I heard it started out as Global Warming. I also remember the large hole in the atmosphere that was going to grow and kill us all. Where did it go? My dad always said it was just "cycles in the weather". Considering the different ice ages that we've had, and the craziness of the weather patterns, I tend to agree with that.

But new buzz words are always in vogue. The news seems bent on raising our panic levels to new heights, one way or another. There is always a new crisis around the corner. The weather is out of control. The planet is out of control. The Yosemite super-volcano is going to end the world. Earthquakes and tsunamis are going to kill us all.

Let's be real. This world isn't our permanent home. Something will eventually get us. Whether it be weather, aliens, meteors, or pandemics; we are all on borrowed time. Instead of hiding in a corner, waiting for something to get us, let's love one another, encourage one another, try to do better for each other, and yes, even to try to take care of the planet.

Simplistic? possibly. But it's in the simple things, that mighty works can be done.

© Copyright 2022 AmyJo- back to basics again! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- back to basics again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037287-Nothing-New-Under-the-Sun