*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035353-Eighteenth-week-of-the-New-Year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1035353 added July 25, 2022 at 12:08am
Restrictions: None
Eighteenth week of the New Year.
18 juillet *Wind*

Nice morning but afternoon will be gusty and won't get as hot as yesterday. Average this week will be 92/55. Excellent rafting and tubing weather. I don't do either. 🦩 The business below my window has pink flamingo tubes. They go in groups. Flocks?

Heat in England and France ... death toll will be high.

9 am. Coffee and a piece of cake. Bry comes at 2. My nerves are already shot. There is no reason for my anxiety to be so high. We've made progress. Stuff has got to go.

Yesterday's bp reading: 134/77 with a pulse of 74. In other words, okay.

To Gemini: "I'm not big into commercialism nor consumerism. I'm sorta anti-brand. WhamMart, Ammazzon, McBurger, Starbooks... a ka-ching everytime someone mentions them... so why bother to complain? Because the local market, coffee shop, drugstore, diner can't compete and local businesses fail. Food desert? Dear Americans... if you cannot walk to pick up groceries you live in a food desert. Our city won the rights to our water in court. We.had.to.go.to.court. Let that sink in."

69 degrees with a breeze. Didn't get much above 72 today. It will be warm the next 10 days.

Bry got the old computer down to the dumpster. Threw out some shoes. Shelves looking better. What to do tomorrow? Bulky stuff, dusty stuff. Papers are a real problem. I'd like to get rid of the futon and frame.

Laxmi is back after a month.

Down to 58 degrees at midnight.

19 juillet *Sun*

I've run out of steam. Making Ethiopian coffee with fennel so... very fragrant.

Will be hot this week.

Staring at ceiling won't get work done. Need to figure out what to do next and then how to go from there. I have lots of boxes to go through, but I don't need help doing that other than maybe getting through two/day. I need to reset objectives and reset the overall goal.

I need hooks...

Place looks trashed. I know better but until more stuff goes out I'm moving it around. That said, there's been progress.

Ate lunch, sat with Laxmi. Teeth gave me problems.

Bry and I went through clothes. Looking for fit, stains, tears... She'll come back Monday.

My goal is to go through 2 boxes/day.

I felt very weak around 6. Had to move stuff off bed to lie down. Landslide = more work.

Sneezing and eyes hurt.

66 degrees at 11 pm. Not cooling down quick enough imho.

20 juillet *Sun*

90 at 4 pm. I'm worn out. Only went to market and God's Waiting Room today. Sat with Robin and Laxmi.

Gasoline down to $4.69.

I responded to QotD: "I read everybody's answers. Some were quite amusing. *Bigsmile*

I'd go with those who quoted their cats: "we wants, we needs, we demands — staff."

Seriously. *Sad* No joke. *Worry*

I have money... plenty in fact, but not because I have great income (I'm just at poverty level) but because I refuse to spend it and do without... like I have for years.

People do not understand how I can travel ... I can travel because all other wants are put to the side and I neglect my own needs. I need staff.

The question begs for frivolous answers, but I'm not frivolous, even when I'm wearing a neon-orange or candy-apple-red shirt with my green bell-bottom polyester pants (think 70s). All second-hand. Add my white vest and I'm a walking Irish *CountryIE* or Italian *CountryIT* flag. *Laugh*

So... lots of money? Maybe move to a place without 42 stairs, with a cross-breeze, my own bathroom... a small town with a train/bus stop I can walk to in Taiwan/Portugal/Norway that connects me to an airport would do."


I took a nap. Feel much better but no energy. I'm eating greasy rice.

I'll start noticing the shortening daylight soon. Unfortunately, the heat will persist. 90s forecast all week.

Hard to be one with people who wish me dead... just saying.

Hogg versus Biggs: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-of-david-hogg-blasting-committee-on-guns...

The whirl and swirl at the playground, a merry-go-round I want to get off. The letting go and the sprawl as my face hits the ground, the soiled clothes, my frown turning upside down. I'm free. Free of the endless circle, the vortex pulling me down, free to fly to another yard, a garden full of flowers, far away from the bee-stings and bruises that defined me. One last go-around I said to everyone. And I meant it.

fifth floor rooftop watching the fireflies blink on and off while you hold me forever ... through hail and blizzards as city lights fade in the fog as seasons of dust or frost become blurred like papers shuffled then tossed to the skies... if you guard my coccoon long enough maybe i'll transform and sprout wings... oh, to glide through the fireflies float over this concrete jungle return to the sun

Finally down to 72... outside... at 10:32. It's still warm inside my two rooms, and stuffy even with the fan on. I'm fine as long as I don't move.

Dylan liked my chocolate-lavender cake and returned my bowl. He only has 3 bowls? Well I gave him a set of two plates, three matching bowls and four mugs. He gave me Yorkshire black tea. We both happy. *Bigsmile*

21 juillet *Sun*

Quiver: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-untold-truth-of-quiverfull-christiani...

Quaver: intransitive verb. 1 : tremble. 2 : trill. 3 : to utter sound in tremulous tones.

The sons and daughters may quaver but the patriarch and his womb-on-loan seek a quiverfull.

I left rather than disobey. I shall not marry Michelle. I'd rather service a sow. Is she that bad? No... she's quite nice but she wants a quiverfull and my life isn't being bound to a bed full of babies. You don't like women? Yes, I do. My aunt showed me how. I liked it a lot. But, I want a helpmate not just a church with her legs spread apart waiting to be blessed. I have better things to do.

Margaret Atwood did it as well as anyone. That's dystopian to moi.

87 degrees at 14:30 but only 17% humidity. We are under fire alerts. Other than that? Pleasant if one doesn't exert oneself.

Saw Angie and Billie Jo.

Wise River: The squadron gathered at the edge of the glade. It had been slim pickings the last week, but dinner had just arrived. ... The dawn woke him up. He went out to pee. No signs of the red-suckers. He decided to move the jeep. No juice. Keeping the a/c going had drained the battery...

Should check my contest list. Darleen has put her "Dark Dreamscapes" contest on hiatus... hopefully only till October, but a lack of interest is killing all types of contests. I'm concerned about those who run them.

89 degrees.

Am I losing my battles? Are they worth fighting? Is this merely a transition into the next stage? What will that look like...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/relationships/its-infuriating-how-fly-by-nig...

92 degrees at 5:15. Lavender-fennel-Ethiopian-Coffee... and a cheeseburger (muenster on beef)

And now I should write about the color yellow for Schnujo? At least that's an easy prompt. Jaundiced comes to mind, as does sunny, yellowed with age (me?), go slow, eggyolk, happiness, drop dead, motivated by fun, cowardly, envy, jealousy and betrayal (France/Germany), pornography (China), mourning (Egypt), wealth (Japan, Africa... which countries?), lucky color for Monday (Thai)...

86 degrees at 9 pm. It will cool... eventually. Flag has been limp most of the day. Me too.

On FB, Linda Visman posted: "A THOUGHT FOR TODAY: There are stars whose radiance is visible on Earth though they have long been extinct. There are people whose brilliance continues to light the world though they are no longer among the living. These lights are particularly bright when the night is dark. They light the way for humankind. -Hannah Senesh, poet, playwright, and paratrooper (17 Jul 1921-1944)"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/india-patient-airlifted-from-us-in-26-hour-...

22 juillet *Sun*

Spoke to my sister. Harebells and Mittens, a white-whiskered black kitten.

Only 65 at 9:30 but it'll go up to 90?

My world is very small...

85 degrees at 4 pm. Gasoline $4.59.

Sat with Dalton, Don, Laxmi, Willie. Scored a chicken salad sandwich. Jamie is back and Kathi is on her way. BP: 160/89, pulse 69. Not good.

Marshall Shepherd @DrShepherd2013 "I was told to GFY because someone apparently disagrees with my latest Forbes piece on Lake Mead.. so Gonna Find Yogurt :)

Wow, it's that serious for some behind the keyboard armor. Bless their hearts."


Only 85 at 7? Temp will fall below 60 tonight but my room is always toasty.

I had trouble connecting to WDC this evening but not elsewhere... still, internet at thisend has been iffy.

Two beef burgers tonight. Not the way to lose weight.

A drabble:

I'm here to return a heart.
We don't...
It's slightly worn and very tired, but it still beats.
We...
...don't accept hearts. I know. This place operates without one.
...
Don't look so shocked. I used to live here. I had to leave just to find a heart. None for sale or rent within 100 miles.
We...
like it that way. I understand. But this heart is special.
Why?
Oh... don't look so afraid. I traced it back to it's owner.
...
It once belonged to you.

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga [179.47] (22.juli.2022)


Might change title to "Returns". In "One beat [47]

23 juillet *Sun*

53 degrees at 07:45.

Fui a la feria. Un pastel de frambuesa y un saco de cerezas. Butterfly Herbs: un batido de fresa.

I went home and lay down. Very weak. *Worry* Agora... cafecito!

Under the headline, "The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6," The Wall Street Journal editorial board harshly criticized the former president.

Gyrate/Slump:

Divider line


24 juillet *Clouds*

67 degrees at 11 am. It would sure be nice to get some sprinkles. 100 is back in the forecast but that's not abnormal for late July, early August. There's some smoke in the air but not bad.

I made progress with boxes yestereve. Need to do more. I'm at the stage where I want it to be done... but it's not.

Cherries *Cherries*. Rainers are red/yellow, meaty. Late this year.

To Norma Jean: "I live alone, so I tell folks if I'm really sick."

Good news flash: thunder = showers. Ah... a stiff breeze from the east. It's only 65 degrees at 11:30! It's supposed to hit 100 this week and I melt in the heat.

I have loads of uncluttering/cleaning left to do and the heat drains me. I've been resting a lot, too much napping imho.

Temp has fallen to 60 degrees at 1 pm. *Shock* and still raining. *Dropb* 8 pm. sunshine and warmed up to 80.

I lost a tooth today.

Khlui (Thai flute):

69 degrees at 22:00. Pleasant... outside.

Did my wash. I hope it's dry by noon.

5920

© Copyright 2022 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035353-Eighteenth-week-of-the-New-Year