*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035195-Not-Your-Typical-Guy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#1035195 added July 14, 2022 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Not Your Typical Guy
I really am like a driverless car. Software engineers should want to open me up and examine my brain when I’m dead. But better yet, get in there now and rewire me. Are we really that far away from technology making man cyborg?

But I’m not asking for that kind of upgrade, but always considered how far away from the integration, rewire brain circuitry to function faster, better, clearer,  rather than idle over uncontrollable thoughts and feelings that have sent me everywhere and nowhere every moment of my life.

It’s the struggle with ADHD, struggle on the spectrum where I have been defined only as different, unexplainable. And yet, it should seem so simple. DNA can be figured out. So is science working on mental dysfunction, the brain, and how to sort it out?

Explain why a person is full of anxiety when it’s suddenly too quiet and needs a fix, something to soften or ignore the static inside one’s head. Little games we make up to distract ourselves help. But the nagging reminder is still there — our brain is constantly on, constantly working to compute and function.

And it’s not fair that the neurotypical can judge the atypical, because of abnormalities and behavior that feels impulsively informed and not easily controllable. So we channel that energy into things that create beauty, that create something appreciable, an offering to other sufferers and neurotypicals, be accepted with those inner workings.


7/14/22

Tip of the CAP to #elonmusk

Self-fulfilling lifelong, just not prophetic.

© Copyright 2022 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035195-Not-Your-Typical-Guy